Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Last 3 weeks in review....

Once again I have fallen behind in my blogging - I have to say I've spent so much time in front of the sewing machine lately I've let my computer obsession fall to the wayside! So here's a post of a lot of different happenings with our family in the last little while...

My latest "crafts" - baby shower favors for my friend Tiff's shower (I also made the invitations but forgot to take a picture of one of them). I made 125 invitations and 65 favors. She's a frog lover so there are baby gummy frogs in the little bags.

Then I started making purses, diaper bags and table runners (along with my rag quilts). I participated in a craft fair the weekend before Thanksgiving and have been working on orders ever since!

Chuck E. Cheese - birthday party for cousin Jaron's 10th Birthday Party on Saturday the 15th..






My favorite part at Chuck E. Cheese - the sketch booth! Even Daddy got in on the picture this time!
Then Disney on Ice on Sunday.....Hailey really liked it - especially the characters that she knew.











Thanksgiving at the Mortensons. Hailey had so much fun playing with her cousins for the long weekend. They slept over at Grandma's with us and they played and played. It brought back some wonderful memories I had as a child in Colorado at my grandma & grandpas house playing with my cousins. I walked into the "back bedroom" and they were all playing in there and dancing around I had a flash back to playing in the "middle bedroom" at grandma's!!! What great memories!

The picture of Darren filling his plate on Thanksgiving cracked me up! It looks like a redneck Thanksgiving (no offense Karma). We had it out in the heated garage - which by the way is cleaner than my house - but something about this picture with the Elk in the picture had to make me laugh!!! (The best part of the whole thing is that used to be hanging in my house when we lived in Salt Lake - I'm just glad it hasn't made it's way back to my house)!!!It was a wonderful day with wonderful food spent with family!

And last but not least.....a photo of my cookies for the recipe/cookie exchange we're doing to work tomorrow....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Scrum diddly um" your treats look fab! Okay so now I think I love the purse sample you showed on the blog. I can't remember what I decided on. If you have not made it yet...let me know! Your comment about the picture of Darrin was seriously cracking me up! It is kind of funny! Hope to see you soon!

Bohn Family said...

Holy Smokes - you can sew good! You are the craftiest (is that a word :) that I know! I so wish you lived closer!!!

Jonie said...

I can't believe all your projects. You are amazing! It sounds like your stuff is selling and no wonder they look great, keep it up.

Dany said...

You are so talented Lisa! I LOVE that purse, I'm always looking for a cute purse that will hold all my stuff and won't look like an old lady bag! Sometimes the holidays are a little sad because it's just not the same. I loved having the traditions at grandma and grandpa's. I have SO many memories of the middle bedroom, and climbing the tree in the front yard. Did you know they cut that down? They planted another one but it's still tiny. It made me sad. Glad to see your back to the blogging world, I missed you!

Mandi said...

So I went to bunko and everyone was talking about these cute table runners from the craft fair and guess what they were your runners. You need to show me how to use my sewing machine. I need major help.