Last July my sister in law Melissa came down to Price to teach me how to make rag quilts! I had not really sewn since I was in high school - yes - that was a long time ago!!! I had a new sewing machine that had only been used for sewing on my scrapbook pages! Well, needless to say I became addicted with making rag quilts. After making one for Hailey's bed (with Melissa's great teaching) I made 3 in August and September for my friends/family that were having babies! Well then I decided they would be a great present for the nieces and nephews and for my Dad & Karen. Then I began making them and selling them on Ebay. Now I'm getting requests from people for specific patterns/colors. It's turning into a fun business. So here's some pictures of my latest quilts plus a couple of the ones I made for my family at Christmas. I made the Hannah one for Molly and the Star Wars one for Lincoln.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
So cute, and I am so happy that I was one of the first to recieve one of your adorable quilts. I am also so excited to have you make a matcher one for claires bed...Yahoo!!!
By the way, I am so happy you have a blog. Oh and we missed you last night at Mom's night out, it was only me and Tiffany S. and Amber at coldstone and then none of us could go to the movie. But I found out that you are doing MNO at your house next month, I am hoping we are moved by then so that I can get my stuff out and actually have something to do.
I just found your blog through Lynae's. I was so happy, and then I read the comment... I'm trying to not feel too sad about not being a part of MNO anymore... You would think that after almost a year I'd get over it. However, it seems like just two seconds ago I was at your house and Lynae was in labor with Claire! The only thing that brings me back to reality is how big all these kids have gotten! Hailey has grown soooooo much. I barely recognize her! She's not a toddler anymore, she looks like a little girl! And adorable at that! I love the rag quilts! I made one once... it took me two years to complete. I hope to try again someday. Yours are amazing!
Holy Smokes! I love the John Deer blanket!!! I just started sewing last October - and I hadn't sewn since high school - funny how we are on the same track :) I wish we lived closer together!!! We could have sewing parties :) If you ever find killer fabric let me know. geri
Post a Comment