I guess it's just the first of many times as a mother that I will feel totally guilty about not doing something sooner!!! When Hailey fell off the stairs on MONDAY afternoon and cried pretty hard I knew she probably was hurt - but little did I know that on THURSDAY she would be in a cast because she had a broken/fractured wrist! She was just fine on Tuesday and Wednesday - but while we were swimming on Wednesday night I noticed her wrist was swollen and when she was getting dressed she said her arm hurt - and she was kind of holding it funny - but that's about it. Other than that she was carrying on as usual - playing on the computer, clapping her hands, etc. Well - after a really long day at the doctors office - the hospital in X-ray - and at the orthopedic Dr.'s office - she now has a cast! Hailey with her cousin Kasia
And she was SO GOOD - thank goodness Nana & Papa were with us through it all - they helped entertain her. Hopefully she's getting over her fear of Dr.'s now!!!! The Dr. that put her cast on couldn't believe how strong she was and what she was doing with her hands with that kind of a broken wrist. The first couple of hours she first had it on she kept saying "I want this thing off" - but we went to a family party and everybody made a big deal about it and I think right now she thinks it's kind of cool! We'll see how the next 2 weeks go......then she'll have to have a smaller cast for 2 more weeks after that! What a way to start the school year off. I guess it could have been worse - it could have been her right arm and she wouldn't be able to write and color!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Surprise - It's Broken!
Posted by love2scrap88 at 11:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
oh my goodness...that is crazy! She is so brave and so big...way to go Hailey! She is starting the year of with a break!
OUCH! Holy smokes! Now I am thinking I should take Kaleb in :) He hurt his foot about a month ago but he can't tell me it hurts & he limps but I thought he moves it so it is not broken. Maybe it is? oops! By the way her hair is darling!!! I hope she feels better. She needs a Cheer Bear! (We are into Care Bears!) I hope she has feels better!!!
Wow, her pain tolerance must be high. I can't believe how many things she could do with it broken.
Post a Comment