Well - I'd have to say that Hailey had one of her worst weeks ever! You have to know that Hailey never even went to the Dr. between the ages of 2 and 3 (except for her eye surgery a month before she turned 3).
It all started with her cast on her arm....but that was just the beginning. Just 5 days after getting her cast on we were back at the Dr. and to the hospital having her chest X-rayed for pnemonia. She was one sick little girl - when we took her in her oxygen level was down around 80. It turned out she has bronchitis and we have been giving her breathing treatments at home every 4 hours. She is doing MUCH better now!
Now that it has been a couple days I can think about the situation and laugh....it was quite the scene. Hailey hadn't eaten anything for a couple of days but in between the Dr. and going to the hospital for Xrays (after her first breathing treatment) she said she was thirsty and wanted some milk (not a surprise - she LOVES milk). Against our better judgement (thank goodness Nana was with me) - we gave her some milk. Well - I went in to pick up the nebulizer and while I was inside she threw up everything she tried to eat and drink. Nana did the best she could to keep it off of her and keep her from getting upset.
Hailey has some pretty interesting hair - it's thin like mine and it always turns into a big snarly mess in the back. Well - imagine 2 days and nights of sweating and not sleeping and this is what you get.....
The picture doesn't even really show off the true mess her hair was. So here's the image forever burned in my mind......this sick little girl with a cast on her arm, her pajama top off - her hair sticking straight out like a peacock and totally reeking of throw up!!!! And of course I knew everyone of the X-ray girls in there trying to making her stand still and get an X-ray. Oh - the joys of living back in a small town! Thanks goodness Nana Randie was there to help me out!!!
Needless to say.....not only is Hailey feeling better......we took her to get a haircut today!!!! I'll post some pictures of the new "do" on Tuesday after her "first" day of preschool (she wasn't able to go last week due to her sickness)!!!
Monday, September 8, 2008
OUR TERRIBLY BAD, NO GOOD KIND OF WEEK!!!
Posted by love2scrap88 at 12:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yahoo!!! she is going to school...I bet she is excited. I am glad she is feeling better...I am dying to see her new do...how fun!
I am so glad you came the other night...I hope you had fun...I have been meaning to call you but we have been a little crazy! I will call you soon!
Good luck at school Haily Kay!
Poor girl! I hope she's feeling better! I hope she has a blast at school!!!!
I miss you! I love seeing your blog!
Post a Comment