Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Childhood Memories.....My Cousin Dani



Lisa & Dani
At Great Grandma Koss's birthday party in Washington Park
1983 or 1984



I'd have to say that blogging is one of the funnest things I FINALLY got into. It only makes sense that I would enjoy it - I LOVE my computer and I LOVE scrapbooking! Although there aren't too many people that see my blog - it makes me feel better to be documenting something since I've not been scrapbooking as much lately! I love looking at other peoples blogs. Well - this past week I have spent several hours reading my cousin Dani's blog - who lives in California - it has been so much fun catching up on her and her family. I've been trying to think when the last time we saw each other was - and I think it must have been at Grandpa's funeral - which would have been January 2004. Last night I went to her blog and was touched by the post about me and her memories of us growing up......so I decided to take a trip down memory lane and dug up some old pictures......






I have some great memories of playing with my cousins as well.....here are some of my memories of my cousin Dani:

1. She would always say "bless you" everytime I sneezed in the cutest little voice.

2. She was always smiling and happy.

3. Christmas at Grandma Helen & Grandpa Bill's house in Colorado.....all of us trying to sleep in the middle bedroom and nobody sleeping!!

4. Buying something for Dani for Christmas with her name spelled in it or on it (can't remember what it was) - but I wasn't sure if she spelled her name with a "Y" or "I" so I bought both and gave them to her!

5. Being so excited to have my Aunt Sandra, Uncle Wes and Stacy & Dani come to visit us....I remember when Uncle Wes would only drink Dr. Pepper so that's what my Mom bought to have when they came.

Thanks Dani for making me remember all the great times we had growing up and spending time at Grandma and Grandpas house! (Although I don't remember you going on one of my "dates" with me.....)

6 comments:

Dany said...

Oh my! What a trip back down memory lane. I can't believe those pictures, I was such a dork. Jim was looking at them remembering me when I looked that way, and to think he still loves me. Thanks so much Lisa for being so sweet. Love ya!

Jonie said...

Hey I like going down memory lane, I love that about my blog even if it only benefits me. I am going to print it out at the end of the year in blurb.com

hey looking forward to seeing you this weekend. A little scrapping, a little shopping, a little eating, and a lot of visiting.

Bohn Family said...

I love Blogs too :) I love blog hopping!!! I love the old pictures - but I can't tell which one is you :)

Anonymous said...

I love that...cousins are the best. I love those old pics and memories...I cracked up about not knowing how to spell her name and buying both...you little cutie.
I can't even tell you how excited I am that you are going to Expo!!! Yahoo!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I finally made it to your blog! It is so awesome! You have it set up so nice! I love to see Dany's too! I guess it is time I start one. If I don't hurry Kaycee will be all grown up and out of the house! Love you all so much! stacie :)

Bohn Family said...

Hey you - you're tagged on my blog :) Check it out and then copy & paste it :)