Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our crazy, busy fun September!

September was a busy month for our little family.....

The first week of September Hailey had her broken arm and cast as well as bronchial pnemonia and breathing treatments every 4 hours for 2 weeks..... not much fun at all!

The second week of September Hailey started Preschool and we went on our annual trip to Snowbird....lots of fun.

Darren's parents share their timeshare at the Iron Blossom every September with all of the family....we've been going every year since we were married and Darren's been going since he was a little boy with his grandparents. We did puzzles, cooked steak & crab (our tradition), swam and played on the new playground that was just built. We went down to Salt Lake on Sunday for our nephew Blade's 1st Birthday party and then came back and stayed Sunday night too! We had a great weekend!

Daddy was so good - he swam around with Hailey for over an hour holding up her cast wrapped in a garbage bag while Mom finally finished her book - Breaking Dawn!

The third week of September we went to Salt Lake for the Scrapbook Expo. It was a blast hanging out with my friends - visiting, eating & scrapping. I actually got quite a bit accomplished.

When I came home I decided to go through and try and organize my scrapbooks in my scrapbook room....While I was POTTY TRAINING & moving Hailey to a big girl BED!

Don't be too fooled by this picture - she fell asleep on my bed & then I put her in her bed.....until about 1:30 when she woke up and started crying and having a fit that she didn't want to sleep in her bed. After about 1 1/2 hours I finally gave up and let her come to our bed. (She's doing much better with it now!)

But I do have to report that she is finally POTTY TRAINED!

This past Saturday after I went to a very sad funeral we left for Salt Lake and had a super short but nice visit with my brother, sister-in-law & my niece & nephew Molly & Lincoln. My sister-in-law is pregnant with their 3rd child and we are SO excited for RUBY to get here!

My sister-in-law Becca

A rare family photo of us all dressed up! (Taken by Molly - thanks Mol!)

We went to Darren's cousin Amy's wedding in the Avenues. It was so cute - Hailey asked her Daddy to dance with her and he did! Considering he has only danced with me once and it was on our wedding day I was quite surprised that he said yes! On Sunday we went to church to watch my niece and nephew Tenille & Jaron in their primary program & then to Olive Garden for the never-ending pasta bowl! It was a fun-filled weekend!

5 comments:

Mandi said...

What a sweet dad to swim around holding her arm up! You have to tell me what you thought of Breaking Dawn? I didn't love it but didn't hate it. I am going to try and re read it and see if maybe I may have read it to fast or what. I love the shot of Hailey on the potty. Isn't it so nice to have them potty trained!

Bohn Family said...

Wow - September Oktoberfest... what three years ago I met you there? Time flys!!! I'm glad things are going good!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo for potty training and being potty trained...how exciting. Maybe Darrin is coming out of his shell a little with the dancing and what not...you are both great parents and I love the family pic...that does sound like a crazy weekend but I fun one. I love Hailey's new bed...so cute. You know what...I think maybe I will just have you take that bed apart and I will pick it up either tomorrow or thursday! I will call you!

Jonie said...

Wow what a month! I love the scrapbook room picture that looks incredible. I also love the picture of your husband dancing with Hailey, I tear up when my husband does things like that.

Dany said...

Busy fun! The things daddy's will do for thier daughters, Jim gives me one dance per wedding. Not counting ours since we didn't actually have dancing. Congratulations to Becca, I didn't know they were having another baby. I love babies. Jim wants another but he's just CRAZY!